Yale Chicago's annual fundraising drive is underway!
All donations stay in Chicago to unite and foster our local Yale community.
PLEASE DONATE NOW!!
Yale Chicago connects Yale graduates, Yale students, and their parents in the greater Chicago metropolitan area with each other and the University. We are entirely funded by voluntary donations so we depend on your contribution to keep our community alive in Chicago.
In 2016, Yale Chicago's activities included:
- Celebrating Yale Chicago's 150th anniversary at the Chicago Cultural Center featuring President Peter Salovey and attended by over 250 Yale alumni, students and parents.
- Recruiting and interviewing over 1000 prospective Yale students from the Chicago area.
- Cheering Yale's sports teams at Chicago watch parties, including the football team victory over Harvard and the basketball team's advancement in the NCAA tournament.
- Supporting and mentoring a new immigrant family and tutoring Chicago public school students.
- Coordinating with Chicago-area Special Interest Groups, including Yale Black Alumni Association Chicago, YaleWomen Chicago, Association of Asian American Yale Alumni, Yale Latino Alumni Association, Old Blues, OFC and more.
- Sponsoring 3 summer community service fellowships in Chicago for Yale undergraduates.
- And hosting innumerable social and educational programs for Chicago alumni, including a pizza party welcoming recent graduates to Chicago, cocktail receptions with Yale professors, theater events featuring Yale alumni, a ping pong happy hour for young alumni, tours of local exhibits featuring Yale artists and more!
Yale Club of Chicago is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent provided by law.